AWANA is an international, Bible-centered ministry providing local churches with weekly clubs and programs for children. The goal of AWANA is to reach boys and girls (and their families) with the gospel of Jesus Christ and train them to serve Him.
The acronym AWANA comes from the first letters of Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed, taken from II Timothy 2:15.
The purpose of TBC providing an AWANA program is to fulfill the Biblical directives working with our children. It is our goal to…
1. Instill in our children a love for the Bible through scripture memorization.
2. Instill in our children a lasting appreciation for correct doctrine.
3. Train our children to live in the world, but not to have the world’s attitude while experiencing their everyday life.
4. Test our children in Items 1-3.
Though we have no direct measure of success, there will be some things we can look for, such as:
1. Do our children have a growing appreciation for scripture and doctrine?
2. Are the adults who serve in the program reaping the spiritual rewards and do they desire to expand their service further?
3. Is our program attracting the unsaved by conducting an excellent program in a Christ-like way?
Each of the different clubs within AWANA has different schedules but the elements below exist within each club:
1. Council Time includes a group Bible-related object lesson
2. Handbook Time is where clubbers work in small groups with AWANA leaders to memorize and recite Bible versus from their handbooks.
3. Game Time is where the clubbers get to play games that include running, jumping, hopping and all kinds of fun activities.
Finally, the AWANA program is a nine-month program (Sept – May) which runs concurrently with the school year. We will meet on Sunday nights from 5:15-6:45pm.
Now, as you prayerfully consider your involvement in this ministry, check out the staffing needs below!